In October, BGC hosted the Gypsum Board Manufacturers of Australasia “GMBA” Forklift Safety Challenge, Perth. The competition is in its seventeenth year. This year’s challenge involved several events to challenge an operator’s skills and knowledge. This is the second year the overall safety challenge has been run, with great success.
This year’s events included:
• A forklift driving course
• A pre-start checklist on a forklift
• Theory on planning safe forklift operation
• Manual handling (in line with the GBMA manual handling guide)
• Hazard finding exercise, which the team did together
CSR was represented by some experienced and not so experienced forklift drivers.
CSR Gyprock will host the 2018 challenge.